Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Currently Playing
Middle of Nowhere
By Hanson
- Madeline

The Pomegranate.

One of my favorite fruits, especially this time of year. I was only introduced to this fruit two years ago by Krista's mom. Mmmmmmm good. The pomegranate is a fruit that originates from Iran and India, and was then introduce to Spain, which introduced it to California. It is grown on a shrub and "the nearly round, 2-1/2 to 5 in. wide fruit is crowned at the base by the prominent calyx. The tough, leathery skin or rind is typically yellow overlaid with light or deep pink or rich red. The interior is separated by membranous walls and white, spongy, bitter tissue into compartments packed with sacs filled with sweetly acid, juicy, red, pink or whitish pulp or aril. In each sac there is one angular, soft or hard seed"

I enjoy these very much.

There is also a few fake pomegranates in the lobby of the Stevensville, Michigan Baymont Inn, which are fun to throw at beaver and pig toys. Ahem. Pishy.

"Your lips are like a ribbon of scarlet. Oh, how beautiful your mouth! Your cheeks behind your veil are like pomegranate halves – lovely and delicious." - Song of Solomon 4:3, NLT

In other, less fruity news.... last night was a wonderful L'ami night where we discussed things about the club, what we liked and didn't like, and I think it went really well. Then after club Thrasher, Ervin and I went to Jen Lo Sasso's apartment (which is kind of scary) and threw rocks at her windows (this was around midnight) trying to get her attention - because her lights were on and she didn't answer the phone. Finally, she later told us, she heard "I see you" and was freaked out because at the time she was naked in the shower. Then I yelled "we're safe people. We're Jen, Holly, and Thrasher" and she heared "safe people... Holly" and realized who we were and peeked out of the window (that is in the shower) to tell us about her nakedness and showertime. She put on a towel and came downstairs to let us in and we all went to Steak n' Shake where we called random people, including Steak n' Shake itself and asked "Have you seen my Moses? It's short, and sometimes small. It's big, and sometimes not big. It's brown and fury and bald." good times. Then we went Meijer and looked at baby clothes and toys. Got home around 3:30, wasn't tired, went to bed at 4 and woke up at 7. Hehehe how nice.

Have YOU seen my Moses?

Lyric of the day: "I was empty inside but I just didn't know You are my ten thousand roses and I let you go Before I make the same mistake just hold me in your arms We belong you know it in your heart" - Hanson, Madeline

No comments:

Post a Comment