Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Currently Playing
3 Car Garage
By Hanson
- Pictures

Dad,



Thank you for the Thanksgiving card. I know that I have not yet said anything to you about the situation that we are in. This has been very hard for me. Over the past year and a half, I have been struggling with what to say, and how to say it. I am at a place now where I can finally let you know what I have been feeling. I am very hurt by what you did, and I would hope that you could figure that out. I know you did not move out because of me, or because of John, and that the divorce had nothing to do with us. However, I am hurt that you could stand up before your family and friends and announce that you would love her and be with her until death parts you. Not until you just didn’t get along all the time, not until you found someone on the internet who could help you escape your frustrations. Until one of you passed away. I wonder, after 27 years, at what point can you just tell yourself that it’s not worth it anymore? Last fall you sent me a letter, and in it you wrote that you did not leave mom for Berni, and that it was not a romantic relationship. I know better than that. I am not a child who is oblivious to what is happening in her family. I was not unaware of what you looked at on the internet. In this situation I can’t help but see how selfish you have been, chasing after you own desires. You walked out on a beautiful, amazing woman who has been the best mother I could ever ask for. Though it was not intentional, you walked out on John, and on me. You gave up your friends at the yacht club, and even your cousins who were in shock over what you did. I wonder how differently you might view the situation if it were John who cheated on his wife, or if my husband did this to me. It hurts me that John does not have someone to look to and say, “That’s the kind of husband I want to be,” and that I can’t say, “that’s the kind of person I want to marry.” I want you to know that I still love you. But as a Christian I do not feel like I can do anything that would support this relationship you are in. As far as Thanksgiving goes, I would very much enjoy going out to dinner with you, Grandma, and Grandpa, but I will not be there as long as Berni will be there. I hope you realize that this was not an easy letter for me to write, but that in my heart I knew what I needed to say.



-Holly



“You have heard that it was said, ‘Do not commit adultery.’ But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.” – Matthew 5:27-28



Lyric of the day: "Will this feeling ever go away or will this feeling stay Will this feeling ever go away ‘Cause I can’t live the rest of my life this way " - Pictures, Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment