Monday, November 29, 2004

Currently Playing
Middle of Nowhere
By Hanson
- A Minute Without You

What a day. DeeDee (my wonderful roommate) is going through issues with her best friend right now, and it reminds me a lot of Melissa and I (not you MelissaKae, a different Melissa). A girl in a lot of my classes (Lindsey Schaefer if any of you know her), her grandpa passed away over break, but they knew it was going to happen soon, but it's still really sad. And then I found out from Jenna last night (and again in all my classes and via email from the Dean of Students) that a girl here at AU (Annie Carter) was killed Saturday in a car accident. She was a freshman and lived in Meyers Hall (the dorm I lived in last year). And I'm kinda friends with her roommate's sister. I guess she was driving and trying to stop for a yellow light and she slammed on her brakes, but the road was slippery and she crashed into a pole. She also worked in the Sociology department, which most of my classes are in, so I know at least one is cancelled Wednesday b/c the prof is going to her funeral. I guess Annie was an organ donor and her heart is going to a nine-year old boy who they didn't think was going to make it through the holidays. And all together her organs are going to 70 different people. It's so amazing how God formed us so that, even though we are all so unique, when one of us passes on and no longer needs these earthly bodies we can pass them on to someone else who needs them.

It's weird being on a small Christian campus. I don't really have a different campus to compare it to (other than LMC) but I feel like one of my extended family members is the one who died, and I didn't even know this girl. It's such a harsh reality of how short life is, but also of the glories that are beyond this earth.

Lyric of the day: "I can't keep myself from thinking about you It's because I love you, and I know that it's true. I'll call it desperation, can't you see it in my eyes? That I want be with you until the sun falls from the sky " - A Minute Without You

No comments:

Post a Comment