Thursday, November 11, 2004

Currently Playing
3 Car Garage
By Hanson
- River -

I was just remembering a day this summer...

my aunt has some really rich friends in Chicago who have a summer/weekend home on Lake Michigan about 20 minutes away from my house, and they let her use it every once in awhile when they aren't there. So she, my mom, and Holly Pish and I went and oh my gosh. It's friggin' HUGE!!!! and it's almost all glass on the lake-front side. This part of the lake/beach/town has a bluff, which is like a really really steep hill above the lake. Anwyay, the house is on the bluff and then there are steps going all the way down to the lake. Half way down the steps there's a little screened-in cottage built into the side of the bluff where they have a bed and a dorm fridge (hmm wonder what they do there? haha). Then you go down to the beach, and it's a private beach, and they have a little bar stand thing with those tall bar chairs and and there's a big shade umbrella made out of palm tree leaves. It's great. and there's a few more wooden beach chairs, and a hammock. I was just thinking of how wonderful it was lying in the warm summer sun on a hammock with the only sound being the waves washing up on the beach. And I was also thinking about the weird tanline I got from having my pant leg rolled up part way, and how that tan line is still slightly there. That was a bad burn.

What's your favorite memory from this past summer?

Lyric of the day: "Lately we’ve been talking ‘bout who we are, Seems we don’t know anymore, And all this time that we’ve been thinking, At night I’ve been dreamin’ about you " - River, Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment