Sunday, April 24, 2005

Jamaica #8

Tuesday, 1-4-05
Last night the water went out - and it was still out this morning - no showers for now! Today when we got to the work camp there wasn't anything to do yet. We had the cement, but we couldn't start mixing concrete yet because it was raining. We sat around playing games until after lunch. The games we played today let us get to know each other better, so that was fun. We also finished putting the rafters up and so Moose took us down the street to this little store and got us "victory sodas" but I got juice instead because I don't want to drink pop this year (side note - as of today, april 24 I'm still pop-free). It's helped that there's no Dr. Pepper here. While we were getting the sodas there were two guys across th street who were going back and forth saying "This Jamaican likes fat girls!" "This Jamaican likes thin ones." After awhile Jesse (a guy in our group) said, "I like them all." It was really funny. We went back to the church hung out some more and played with the kids some.




On the way back we dropped Holly, Jesses, and Jason off at a market and the rest of us came back here. Then we went and got Chinese for dinner. I was a little apprehensive about having Chinese from Jamaica but then I realized that's not a whole lot different than Chinese from Amercia. It was excellent. I got pineapple chicken. Troy said he heard that the place we're staying at is basically condemed and they're going to tear it down sometime this year and that's why they never fixed the roof on the other side. That makes me feel good -minus the good part. Oh well - tonight, tomorrow and then one more - and Montego Bay! Woot! The only sad thing about that is it will go by super fast and then we'll be back at AU starting another semester of school. Thank you God for stretching me this week.

Quotes of the day: "Dang! I want an enima!" - Amy
"I don't want to open the door, poop will come in!" - Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment