Monday, April 18, 2005

Ahh... I just finished reading Blue Like Jazz and I finished it by soaking in some morning rays on my balcony. More on my weekend...

Saturday morning Pishy and I went to Goodwill, she got some sunglasses for 1.99 then we met my mom and grandma (they were on their way to Indy to see the Gaithers) at Olive Garden - free good food! After that we drove around town looking for garage sales. I found two awesome old school 70's shirts... they're very similar... they're polyester, short sleeve, button down but not all the way down, collar... one is solid green and has a boob pocket, the other doesn't have a pocket and has bright yellow and orange flowers. They were 50 cents each. Along the way I saw some kids with a lemonade stand and I decided to help make their day. Not only did I buy a watered-down glass of lemonade for 50 cents, I purposely paid for it with the half-dollar coin I got from Perkins last week, knowing they had probably never seen one before. One kid exclaimed, "HOLY MOLEY!!!" and it made me smile.

Pishy and I returned to Jekr Central to chill and watch TV. Then we got some Papa Murphy's Gourmet Chicken Garlic pizza mmmmmmmm and did some other stuff too. I don't remember what. Then we went to WalMart b/c she forgot a toothbrush... she definately bought a 50cent brush with her debit card. Very nice. Then we went to Old Navy and she got some jeans and a T-shirt for $10 or something cheap around there. Then I went to Starbucks and got a Double Chocolate Creme Frappucino thing. Yum. We came back and read the first three chapters of Blue Like Jazz out loud to each other and then went to bed.

Sunday my mom (who spent the night at Hampton Inn here in Anderson after the show) was supposed to meet us outside my apartment at 9:40 to go to church. 9:50 she wasn't here, and that's not like her so I called and she thought I told her to meet at 10:40, so she hurried up and met us, we went to church. It was great as usual, but apparently, according to Matt himself, "Next week will be the best sermon ever. No I'm lying, I'm just really excited. No, I'm not lying. It will be the best sermon ever." Then I had a meeting with the girl interns to see the house, it's pretty cool. Hardwood floors which I love! It'll be interesting sharing a house with 7 other girls... hmm yeah. Then mom, gma, Pishy and I went to Texas Roadhouse, yeah steak! Then Pishy left and I read and then went down to Jen's for dinner (yummy chicky... BONES!) then we started watching a movie that I do NOT recomend... then Bible Study then reading out loud to Stacy in bed, convincing her to sleep instead of study (she studied) and then I went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment