Sunday, September 25, 2005

Yesterday I painted three paintings. They were all abstract. It's a funny thing, art. I'm not an "artist" in the fact that I do these things regularly. But while I was doing it, I felt like an artist. And I was thinking. I knew the size of my canvas, and I knew my colors to choose from (and also I know the basics of mixing colors, adding white or black, etc). All I knew was that I wanted to mainly use greens and blues. So, I put some blue, green, and white on my pallete (I didn't have black). And I put my brush in the blue. Then the white. Then the green. And I mixed it all together. The color came out and I put it on the canvas. Then when my brush got empty, I mixed some more together and it came out a different shade and I put that on the canvas. The movements of the brush came out and I didn't have to think about them. I didn't have to think about the colors either (beyond the basics). I love each painting that I did. The same basic principles turned out three different ways. I thought about God, and about my future. As long as I focus on the basic principles (God being the most important) then the rest will come out fine. I don't need to worry about where the next brushstroke is going... it will just happen.

I'm talking about life now.

No comments:

Post a Comment