Sunday, December 13, 2009

beauty.

[a. i give up on the trending topic thing. they are just too ridiculous. b. this post counts as the post for december 12th. i left my house at 8:30am and just got home. it's 2:08am]

i spent the first half of my day volunteering over at help portrait. and it.was.beautiful. it was just so moving, and another reminder that all it takes is something small. a portrait. hope was the soundtrack to the morning [i escaped to the bathroom because i was brought to tears]. there was even one woman who said it was the first time in her life she had ever felt pretty. that is huge. HUGE! i needed that moment, that moment to remember that i am a part of something bigger than myself. i am my community.

i spent the second half of my day at my second christmas party of the season. a group of friends gathered together for dinner, wine, and white elephant gifts. laughter was the soundtrack to the evening [i was brought to tears]. i thought of how far i had come from this time last year. and i remembered that it wasn't me. it wasn't about me. i am a part of something bigger than myself.

and it was beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. That's a HUGE change. I'm so glad you've found a place to be involved.

    ReplyDelete