Thursday, December 3, 2009

why wait.

why wait until new year's to make resolutions?

there are a few areas of my life i would like to improve. why wait a month? i'm starting now.

-i would like to implement a monthly budget and stick to it. i tried this once before. it lasted about three weeks.
-i would like to read more. even if it's just a paragraph out of a book or an article in a magazine, i want to read something (not on a computer screen) at least five days a week.
-black coffee. i don't know why, really, but i want to learn how to drink coffee black. (i'm currently a two sugars kind of girl. sometimes with cream.)

these might be small things in the bigger picture, but it's a start. there are a few other things as well, but not everything needs to be shared in such a public forum. but i think getting these things out there will help keep me more accountable.

okay. here we go.

1 comment:

  1. I did a similar thing in October. I started what I call the "Less Diet". Basically, I spend less, whine less, scowl less, I'm less wasteful...etc- all the little things that usually wind up on New Years Resolutions. It can be really tough sometimes, and some days I just blow it completely. But then you have to remember that there is tomorrow to pick it back up and just add "Be less defeatist" to the list.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete