Thursday, December 1, 2005

Failed Attempts

First failed attempt: the all nighter did not happen. I did get some stuff done, but at 3 am I decided to stop. I wasn't really exhausted at that point in time, but still. I realized I could sleep and get stuff done during day time instead of the other way around.

Second failed attempt: society, media. Last night (or this morning) when I did go to bed I turned on the T.V., because I like to fall asleep to noise. I flipped channels for something sleepworthy (like music videos or something) and paused when I saw a commercial singing "Silent Night" that had pictures of babies sleeping. It was so beautiful. It ended up being a commercial for Pampers. The end of the commercial was just a black screen that said "Peace on Earth". So why a failed attempt? Because the very next commercial was one for America's Army video game.. a video game based on the U.S. Army, where the commercial shows screenshots of the game with soldiers choosing their weapons and killing people.

On that note...

Sleep in heavenly peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment