Sunday, December 4, 2005

Organic Ministry

Tonight was amazing. A group of 9 of us met at Matt's house to just talk about how God is moving in our lives and in our passions. I came not knowing what to expect of the night. I left not knowing what to expect of God, but knowing that is okay.

Loving the family "black sheep". Massage therapy for AIDS victims. Writing and sharing music. Nairobi. Community. Social justice photography. Community. Confronting and loving family. Giving. Finances. Claiming authority. Direction. Leadership. Writing. Passion. Speaking through art. Nairobi. Maternity shelter. These are just some of the things discussed.

The beauty of it all is that we are now accountable. Cherie is accountable to spend time with her uncle. Amanda is accountable to write music. I think most, if not all of us walked away with something tangible. The other amazing thing is how God rises up individuals who share the same passions. That is how Bound4Freedom started. That is how the Nairobi group started. I mentioned Social Justice photography. Rae mentioned social justice through art and photography. We're both scared and unsure of where to go. But we have each other to share that with. And we learned there are at least two other people in our church community interested in the same thing. We can talk to them and at least start talking. That's how it all gets started. It's ministry. It's organic. It's a community that allows individuals to say, "hey this is what I'm thinking" and then take it from there. It's not a communtiy that says "hey I this is what I'm thinking" and then calls people to join it. I don't know if that makes sense to everyone, but it makes sense to me, and I think it makes sense to those in my community. I love it. I so needed tonight. I'm so grateful for everyone who was in that room. I'm going to talk to Rae and Mac and Dale.

No comments:

Post a Comment