Monday, February 2, 2004

So today in my English class (of all places) we were assigned a paper (no way!!) Anyway, we're supposed to either write our personal mission statement or a paper about which Bible character we want to model our life after (other than Jesus). And anyway, she was giving us an example of a paper one of her former students did. He said he was a lot like Joshua. Joshua was out there in the desert for 40 years waiting to lead the Isrealites into the Promised Land. This student said he felt like he also had some leadership abilities, but God was wanting him to wait to use them because He was busy preparing him for something. And that just got me thinking about my own life. What is God preparing me for? What am I supposed to wait on? And to anyone out there - if you're having problems figuring out where to use your gifts, maybe God is just telling you to wait, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment