Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Simplicity

I was just thinking about simplicity... how we forget about it, and yet how amazing it is. Last night I was at Gene's house and everyone was over there, and we were all just sprawled out on the couch and floor, and I was looking around and Keri was giving Tabby a backrub, Jeremy and I were both just kinda sitting there, and Gene was helping Jon with his Spanish homework. This is the simplicity of friends. We all see it, it happens every day, we just don't pay attention to it. It's when Katie, Chris, Holly, Krista and I are sitting on the bluff on a late summer night, it's when Lisa, Ryan and I end up in Kentucky, it's when Gene randomly starts helping Jon and Keri loves on Tabby. I think it is in these moments of simplicity with our friends that God is reminding us of the simplicity of the cross. When we're with our friends sometimes we get too caught up in "is she mad at me?" or "he forgot to call" and "we're late!", etc. And it's the same with God, we spend so much time worrying "what does He want me to do" and "I forgot to read my Bible today" but we constantly need to go back to the simplicty: He loves us. He died for us. We are free.

No comments:

Post a Comment