Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Our Father asks that we live in constant worship of Him. Worship is more than going to church on Sunday and singing praise songs to Him. Worship is thinking of Him all the time. If we use a song, we should have that song written in our heart and have it repeat through our thoughts all through our day. Sunday morning church is just rehearsal for the way we should live our lives. I have been working on having a song in my heart and in my mind, constantly on my thoughts. Currently I find myself identifying with the hymn "Come Thou Fount"... maybe because we did it last weekend so I've sung it a lot, but I've been keeping it my mind and heart and it really does change my attitude throughout the day to one of praise.

Come thou fount of every blessing, tune my heart to sing thy grace Streams of mercy, never ceasing, call for songs of loudest praise Teach me some melodious sonnet sung by flaming tounges above Praise His name - I'm fixed upon it, name of God's redeeming love Hither to my love has blessed me Thou hast brought me to this place and I know they hand will bring me safely home by Thy good grace Jesus saught me when a stranger Wandering from the fold of God. He, to rescue me from danger, bought me with His precious blood. O to grace how great a debtor daily I'm constrained to be Let thy goodness like a fetter bind my wandering heart to thee Prone to wander, Lord I feel it prone to leave the God I love Here's my heart, o take and seal it, seal it for thy courts above

No comments:

Post a Comment