Saturday, November 26, 2005

Thanksgiving Break, Part II

Thanksgiving day. Well, that night before I tried going to bed after updating this thing. I woke up at 2:30 am because it was so freakin' windy. Then I fell back asleep, but woke up again at 5:30am. So I knew at that point my mom was up (she always gets up around 5) and so I went down to the family room. I read for awhile and then started to get sleepy again and so I slept some more from 7:30 to 10:30. Then I helped get stuff ready for dinner and went and picked up my grandma.

Thanksgiving dinner: Mom, John (my brother), Grandma (mom's mom), Aunt Jan (technically my grandma's niece) and Uncle Frank (Jan's husband). It was good. We had the typical food (my favorite? cranberry relish). And then A. Jan and my mom and I played scrabble. I lost. Aunt Jan won.

Thursday night I convinced my mom to put up our Christmas trees. No lights or anything, we just put them up. Yes, it's pluarl (spelling?); we have one for the family room and one for the living room. Then we watched "White Christmas"

Friday - no shopping for me! I hate how crowded and crazy it is for all the sales, though the sales are good. So I spent the majority of the day with my mom getting all the Christmas decorations up.. well, most of them anyway. Then I went to Chocolate Cafe with Holly and Krista, then we saw Holly's klong yaw, which I played, it's a cool thing. And then we got Chris and Katie (yeah, they're married, what what?) and we all went to Steak 'n' Shake and then Meijer and then to Chris's parents' and watched something on National Geographic about exorcisms. Hmm. Bed at 2:30.

Today - finished the rest of the decorating. Lunch and WalMart with my mom and grandma. Got some groceries and some gloves. I wonder how C.S. Lewis would feel about the fact that there are Kleenex boxes with Chronicles of Narnia on them. Hmm... I have one, only because it came in a set of three, and the other two were non-Narnia boxes, and my mom didn't want the Narnia box. Hey, free tissues. We just watched "Because of Winn Dixie." It's basically one of the cheesiest movies ever, but my mom wanted to see it.

Sorry for the long post.

No comments:

Post a Comment