Thursday, June 9, 2005

My thoughts on Cedar Point...

We got there around 10am Ohio time. It was already 88 degrees. We hit the Raptor right away... awesome! I was in a great mood, all excited about being there. Everyone wanted to do Millenium Force next. The past two times I was there I chickened out. Not this time. So we're standing in line (which was not too bad of a wait... only 40 minutes or so) and I'm hot and therefore irritable. So I don't really care about the fact that I'm about to ride this. Like I'm glad I'm doing it but I'm too hot to be nervous. But then I think to myself "what's going on? I'm always hot at C.P." but yeah... It's our turn. We sit in the train, get straped in. Then we sit and wait before they start us, and I think to myself, "Oh shit!" and then we go. Up.. up.. up.. and DOWN! And I screamed a lot but it was not NEAR as bad as I was expecting it to be. It was great, I loved it.

Well, as I said we were all hot so we decided it would be a good time to go on the water ride, since we were already there. We went on the one with the big round tube. I got soaked... we all did. It felt great. Then we decided, time for lunch. So we walked back out to the car because to save money we made PB&J sandwhiches. We ate them, they had been in the trunk all morning and so the PB side of bread was near toast and the jelly side was warm and gooey bread. Interesting, yet surprisingly good. I was already burnt, put some sunscreen on. We went back to the park. Conner, Kat, Melissa, Kurt, Jolly, and Parliment wanted to ride MaxAir, a more carnival-type ride that would probably make them puke their PBJ's... which is why I chose not to ride it at that time. They didn't puke, which is good. After they road that we went on Disaster Transport, and indoor roller coaster. We waited in line for a long time, but the ride was really short and not all that fun. If I had remembered that, I wouldn't have gone. I noticed that I was still irritable, even when we were inside the line for Transport, which had A/C and I was cold b/c I was still a little wet. I went to the bathroom and found out why... a girl thing, I think you know what I mean.

Those who don't like roller coasters all that much went their own way, and the rest of us (myself, Conner, Jolly, Kurt, Parliment, Melissa and Kat) went to hit the big ones. We wanted to do Top Thrill Dragster next. But on the way we saw the Power Tower and decided to do that. We chose the side that shoots you up really fast 250 ft (as opposed to thrusting you down really fast). It was great.

Next: the dragster. Last time I was there the wait was 3.5 hours because it was new that year. This time, only 1/2 hour. That was the most miserable 30 min of my day (so far)... heat + cramps + a few nerves = not fun. We got in the train - Melissa and Kurt were in front of me and Parliment was next to me. The others would be on the next train. You sit there strapped in for a LONG time before they take you up. For those who don't know what this ride is, go to the website and check b/c I won't describe it properly. Melissa started cussing. They have a three yellow lights and a green light. So you watch them change and so you expect it to start, but it's still so freakin' fast that it surprises you. So you scream when you start, you scream when you're going straight up, and you scream when you're going straight down. On the way down I did notice a blue haze...

Major adrenaline rush afterwards. Great pic of Conner. (No I didn't buy it).

So then we got done with that and the non-riders called us and asked us to meet them at a certain place. So we did, it was about 4pm. We noticed rides weren't going. We asked an employee why and he said that there was a huge storm coming through and it was already lightning on the other side of the park. He said b/c of the lake storms usually only last 30 minutes or so. There was a show on the other side that some people wanted to see (some 60's something). So we walked over there, got drenched (had just gotten dry from the water ride). And it was cold. We waited until 5:45 and realized it wasn't going to stop storming any time soon, and that we still had a 4 hour drive. So we left. So we didn't get to ride a whole lot but what we did ride was great.. I'm glad I did Millenium and Dragster. And when we left it was 66 degrees - it dropped 22 degrees. We were cold and tired and yeah. So we stopped at a hotel to change into our clothes from the night before.

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment