Monday, December 6, 2004

Currently Playing
Snowed In
By Hanson
- Little Saint Nick

Wow. It's amazing how God works everything out to perfectly fall into place. For my Chritian Ministry major I need to either take The Community of Faith in an Urban Culture (the class I have an interest meeting for this week) or do an internship. The class is a week of book work here in Anderson, a week in Washington D.C. and a week in New York City - I've been wanting to go on that trip since Freshman year, but it's only offered ever other summer. So... this summer I'm all over it! But at the same time I have wanted an internship experience. I talked to my youth pastor at home (Jim) about it last year to do it over this past summer, but it never happened. But... Mercy House is starting an internship program. I didn't know anything about it at all, so I emailed Matt (the pastor) and asked him for more details, but he just said that there weren't any details, and just wanted to know what academic requirements I would need to fill and what I would want to be doing. I don't really know the answer to either. I emailed Dr. Shively, my advisor, about the first part and I need to think about the second part. But yeah... so then in church yesterday he made an announcement about how they think the internship program would go. It wouldn't be just one or two people, it'd be whoever wanted to. He said the church would sublease two houses, one for guys and one for girls, and we would live together and we'd all meet together Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and then we could use the other days to have a part time job if we needed (so I don't know if that means the internship isn't paid or if it means if we would need extra money). And we'd be learning whatever we needed to learn and do whatever we need to do. So yeah. That's so awesome. So then I started thinking about how maybe that would interfer with the summer classes I'm taking (I'll also take Greek). So I emailed Matt about that and he said that they could work around it. This is so exciting! God is so faithful!

Lyric of the day: "Well way up north where the air gets cold There's a tale about Christmas that we've all been told About a real famous guy all dressed up in red And he spends the whole year workin' out on his sled He's little Saint Nick" - Little Saint Nick, originally by Beach Boys

No comments:

Post a Comment