Sunday, December 5, 2004

Currently Playing
Snowed In
By Hanson
- What Chirstmas Means To Me

Wow. Okay. So. Friday...? I don't think I posted and basically I spend the day with Thrasher and Mel, and then Ervin joined. We went to Wal-Mart, and then to Old Navy (yay for visiting roommate!) and then we went to CiCi's Pizza (it's $5 including the drink and it's an all-you-can-eat buffet). Then we went to Mel's and we watched Chicago and then we made noises like "Oh ho da" and watched Men In Tights while playing Perfect Wedding - a cheesy 80's game for little girls. And then Saturday happened....

I went to bed Friday night around 2 am Saturday, and I was supposed to be in the Reardon parking lot before 7 am ready to go to Chicago on the charter bus for a shopping trip. I set my alarm for 5:30 and it NEVER went off (even DeeDee agrees it never went off). So I wake up, and I hear the dumpster being emptied, and usually when I hear that it's 2 or 3 am so I'm thinking "that can't be right, I went to bed at 2" and so I looked at the clock and it was 7:07. I started freaking out. I flew out of bed and grabbed my cell and was trying to call Thrasher (who was also going on the trip) but I wasn't connecting, then my apartment phone rang and it was Mel (who also went) and so I told her what happened and so they held the bus for me and I have NEVER moved that fast in the morning. Hahaha I threw my pajama's off and my clothes on, grabbed my keys, purse, and knitting and ran out the door and drove over there.

So after four hours in the bus (we watched "White Christmas" and "Miracle on 34th Street" - the original) we were dropped off at Water Tower Place and had the rest of the day to do whatever we wanted. So first we walked into a little choclate shop and got a free sample of their peppermint bark. Then we went about 45 minutes south of Water Tower - no where near where anyone else from our group went - and ate at a little Thai restaraunt for lunch - looooove Thai food. Then we walked around some more and found Millenium Park - a new park that was just built in July and it was pretty cool - went down close to the beach and pointed in the general direction of my home. Then.... we walked around some more and went down random streets and went into a few stores, but none of us had money to buy anything. We went back into Water Tower Place and looked around a little bit, then we went into Border's just to sit down, on the floor, because that was the only place around where we could sit (not even in the mall). Then we went to Giradono's pizza and waited about an hour and got some of the best pizza in the world. Then we went back to the chocolate place and got some Hot Chocolate and wow - it was such a waste of money. It didn't taste any different than any mix you can buy at the store - I was expecting more of the amazing Hot Chocolate that Pishy and I got in shot-form from the Chocolate Cafe. So... poop on that. Then we went back to Water Tower where we were supposed to be picked up and had the LONGEST drive ever back (watched "Elf" which I fell asleep during b/c I was tired so I need to see it again and "It's A Wonderful Life" and I did the same thing too and I've never seen that all the way through either).

The end.

Lyric of the day: "I feel like running wild Lord's angels and a little child
I caught you underneath the mistletoe I kiss you twice and then some more
I wish you merry Christmas baby And a happy, happy new year" - What Christmas Means To Me, NOT originally by Hanson, but in this case, it's Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment