Thursday, October 7, 2010

i left a piece of my heart where i've never been.

that might sound weird. but it's true. for years now, i've felt like a part of me is in portland, oregon. but i've never even been there. while it is at the top of my list of u.s. cities to visit, part of me is afraid.

afraid that if i visit, i'll want to move there. but i don't want to move. i love nashville. maybe the two cities are playing tug of war with my heart.

maybe i'm full of crap. maybe if i visit i'll hate it. that scares me too. i don't know why. i don't even know anyone who lives there.

but everyone who has visited has told me i would love it.

i've always said the world is too big to stay in one place for too long. i used to think that meant i wanted to move a lot. that was before i fell in love with nashville. i just need a job with lots of vacation time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment