Sunday, March 12, 2006


It was quite the day. We got a late start - and by late I just mean later than we planned - we were still on the road by I think 9 - but we were wanting to leave around 7:30 or 8 - if any of you know Stacy you'll understand We decided it's great that we're both very laid back people, especially when it comes to traveling.

So here we are just outside of Anderson - for those of you familiar with the area we were in Pendleton on SR 9 and we missed a turn and didn't realize it for awhile. But finally we figured it out and turned back around. Then in Greenville - just east of Indy we stopped at a 5/3 so Stacy could deposit a check - that took awhile.

Finally we were on the road for real. It was raining pretty hard most of the way - especially through the first part of Kentucky. So we had the wipers on as high as they could go and then all of a sudden the driver's side wiper blade broke off and went flying down I-75 (Kind of reminds me of Five Iron Frenzy's "Blue Comb"). Stacy had to lean over to my side of the car to see out the window - it was interesting. We got off at the next exit - all that was there was a gas station. They didn't have wiper blades so I asked if I could use the phone to call AAA. The guy said he could just pop it back on for me but then I explained it was gone. So he said that two exits down the road there was a WalMart where I could just get another one.

What he didn't say was that it was 12 miles away. But we made it. And then, even though I know how to put a wiper blade on, I asked if they could do it (hey it was raining! I didn't want to stand out there haha). And the lady said I'd have to wait awhile and I asked how long and she said an hour. So apparently taking time to snap on a windsheild wiper between lube jobs is too hard of a concept. But after I bought it another employee started telling me how to do it (even though I knew - but I still didn't want to) and so I just looked confused and then she was like "hey I'll do it for you." It was funtimes for Stacy and I.

Then we tried to get back on the road but Stacy went the wrong way. So when getting off at the next exit to turn around she accidently got back on the same direction again. We decided she was too tired to continue driving. So we got off at the next exit (which was the same gas station as before) and switched.

So yesterday was my first time to drive in Tennessee and North Carolina and South Carolina. It was fun. And we made it in pretty good time considering everything. We got here around 8:30 I think. We're staying with Stacy's friend for a couple days. And it's nice and warm and sunny. I love it!

She needs to wake up....

No comments:

Post a Comment