Tuesday, February 7, 2006

By far, the ULTIMATE Carpe Semesto Experience...

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you:

Carpe Semesto #17

Lately I have been driving to classes. Yes, it's only a block away but 1) it's cold and 2) I have class at 8am and 3) don't get home until after 6pm, and so prior to the past week or so it was dark for both commutes. But yesterday I started walking again - now that it's getting lighter out.

Let's just say I made the right decision by walking to German at 7:45am. Because that means I would have had to walk home from work at 6:00pm.

So I'm in the office at work and I don't feel like walking back, because it's cold and also because my bag was SUPER heavy. So I ask Kristen (who lives in my building) if she drove to work and she said no because she totaled her car. But she tells me Kelly is going to drive her home. Kelly is our administrative assistant.

So then Kelly tells us she's dogsitting and has to pick up the dog first, if that's okay with us. We agree that's fine. Oh wait, did I mention who she was dogsitting for?

That's right. The one and only P Eddy. (For non AU students that's what we affectionately call President Edwards - the AU President). So she pulls into his driveway and gives Kristen and I a tour of his house, all with Charlie (a white poodle for those who don't know) following us around excited to see Kelly (they're friends).

His house is HUGE!!! A lot bigger than it looks from the outside. It has FIVE bedrooms, each with it's own little sitting area and there are five bathrooms too. There's a big foyer and a spiral staircase (three of the bedrooms are upstairs). A big formal living room and a back family room too. I was quite impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment