Wednesday, April 7, 2004

I had a really good dinner tonight. Well, the food was gross, but I ate dinner with a friend I haven't talked to since last semester, well, one day at Chapel but that was like ten minutes. It was nice to talk and catch up, especially since she won't be here next year. (And if you're reading this, yes, you'll be missed.) Sometimes it's easy to let a friendship - or any sort of relationship for that matter - just slip through our fingers and never even think about it. That's what I was afraid of a year ago. But I was wrong. So wrong. The friendship(s?) I was afraid of losing I think have actually grown stronger, in a weird way. Friendships I expected to grow stronger grew very far apart, but now I can see that's a good thing. God knows what He's doing, even if it makes us mad. I was mad last year, but this year I see the good in it. I have grown, I've been stretched, and I am glad. I've been so blessed in so many ways, and this little online journal is no way to acknowledge that, so I'm not even going to try. Summer is coming. I can't believe another year has gone by. I enjoy the little moments. Like today - today was full of little moments. Talking to Erin before class. Reading an email from Ryan. Sitting on the hill with Gene and Meagan enjoying the weather. Worshipping with Carolyn, Jenna, Scott, Kip, and Brent at practice. Eating dinner with Kelly. Even my little chat with Jonathan at Mocha Joes. I thank God for days like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment