Thursday, April 1, 2004

God's teaching me a lot, and I mean A LOT this week. Here at Anderson it's "Vision/Revision" week, which I guess is sorta a week emphasized on art and how art glorifies God. But the cool thing is that it's not just art blah blah paintings, but ART. Poetry, music, dance, anything and everything considered art. Tuesday in Chapel they had this guy come in, he's a potter, and he made this vase while he talked. And he talked about how God's the potter and we're the clay. I'll admit, when he first started talking I was thinking to myself "yeah yeah I've heard this before, God molds us the way he wants us, okay." But this guy took it to a new level. He found a way to fit EVERYTHING into the analogy. I probably can't remember it all, but it was awesome. Like, one thing was he was explaining that as he made the pot bigger, it got weaker and weaker, but it when it is at it's weakest it is able to hold the most, ie be the most useful. And so that tied in with how we need to be weak so we can be useful through His strength. And man, I don't remember much, but it was really good. Anyone from AU out there please leave a comment or just tell me some of the other stuff. Then today in Chapel they had different students all do differnt things. A few people read poems and stuff. Scott rapped, and that was cool, no, better than cool. It was awesome. I don't know if you're reading this or not, Scott (hey it rhymed) but you truly have a gift. I know you know that though, and I know that you know it's from God, and it amazes me how humble you are, and I admire that. But I feel weird saying I admire someone's humility in a way, because it seems to take away from that humility. Hmm... weird. Then there was this other skit, too. It was to "Bring Me To Life" by Evanescence. My AUCME team last semester (not the same people as this semester) did a skit to that song and ours was about suicide. But today in Chapel it was.. amazing. It started out in the Garden of Eden, and God came out and made Adam, and then put him to sleep and made Eve. And then he showed them that everything in the garden was for them, except the one tree. But, of course, Adam and Eve ate the apples, and in the skit, as soon as they bit into the apples the people who were trees made a fence thing where they were blocking Adam and Eve from God. And they were trying to get through, but they couldn't, and meanwhile they kept fighting each other. Then Jesus came, broke the "fence" thing, and took the apples from Adam and Eve, and as soon as he took the apples, he was crucified, and then the apples fell from his hand. And then at the end, he came down from the cross, like the resurrection. When he came down, Eve started to go get the apple, but then saw Jesus and clung to him, but Adam just got his apple and left. And it just really spoke to me about how we constantly watch and see evidence of God's love and we think about the cross and we sit there and think "I can't believe he loves me that much" and all this stuff, but then we turn RIGHT around and go RIGHT back to our sin. We can't be perfect for even a SECOND. It's disgusting. We deserve to be hated, we deserve to be with Satan. I mean, even as I sit here and write about this and how disgusting it is and how much I hate sin, I know that in less time than can be measured I'll be sinning. I'll think about something I shouldn't, I'll hate someone I should love, I don't know what, but I do know that I'll do something evil. We all do.

No comments:

Post a Comment