Tuesday, March 16, 2004

It continually amazes me how God works and how he prepares people for things. How he can prepare each person for a given situation. For example, over spring break during one of my God moments when I started crying, one of the things He told me was how He can take suffering and use it to teach us something, that suffering is not in vain. I came back to school yesterday and went to my Bible study last night. Marty (the awesome leader) talked about - yeah, you guessed it - how God uses suffering to teach us things. During the bible study my phone rang, but I turned it on silent. When I went to see who called, it was my mom. So as soon as Bible Study was over I called her back. Turns out my dad decided last minute all of a sudden to NOT put the divorce on hold. (He was going to do that so they could go to counseling - which they have been, but he's going to stop doing that too). So that means they will be officially divorced a week from Friday (the 26th), which sucks extra for my mom because her birthday is the 28th. So while she was sitting there telling me this, and I was still in the company of my bible study group, I realized how God was preparing me with all this talk of how He uses suffering. And then guess what my mom tells me. She said that morning she went to her Bible Study and guess what they talked about - yeah. The same exact thing. God is so cool like that, and I can't help but love Him for it. So my request for all those out there reading this is just to keep my family in your prayers - especially my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment