Monday, August 20, 2007

My One-Year "Nashiversary" (or, "A Post With Lots Of Parenthesis")

A year ago today I packed my car full - very full - of everything I figured I would need (want) until the truck could come later. Leaving room for my mom in the passanger seat and a small space for her own luggage, this did not leave me with much.

Nine hours (and 500 miles) later I was in Nashville, Tennessee. It was my first time here since I was a child (probably jr. high) on vacation with my family. Yet this was where I was determined to make my home, leaving behind everything I had known for the past 4 years (Anderson) and even farther from the only permanent home I had known (23 years in St. Joe).

One year ago I didn't know where I was going to live (aside from crashing at Stacy's until I found something). One year ago I didn't know where I would be working.
One year ago I only knew one person in the city.

One year ago. What a year it's been.

Here's to you, Nashville. You have welcomed me with open arms, molded me into a more confident woman, and have challenged me in ways I did not anticipate. And most importantly, I cannot imagine myself living in any other city at this point in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment