Friday, July 7, 2006

Indiana, Michigan, Tennessee

Indiana

Life here in Indiana is going fairly well. The weather has been nice and cool, which is good because it saves money on not having turned on the central air at the house yet, which can get up to $30 a month with 6 people living here, I've been told. Community dinners are good, too with lots of neighborhood kids showing up. And a weekly girl's night has been started.

Also, yesterday two of my books arrived. I'm doing a few reading courses this summer until I officially get my diploma. Now that books are coming in, I have no excuse to not be doing them.

Stacy H, the old roomie, and I went to see Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest last night/this morning. It started at 12:03 and the theatre was packed, with some people trying their best Jack Sparrow impersonation. We got out at 2:45 and I crashed at Stacy's. Didn't actually get to sleep until 3:30ish and woke up at 6:30 to be rush hour back to Anderson.

Work is going well. I love it still, even though some kids are a bit ornery (cough cough Will cough cough Jesse).

Michigan

I've been xanga-MIA for a week or so because I had a long weekend. Monday and Tuesday the day care was closed for the 4th. So Friday night I went home for the weekend. Every time I go back up to Michigan I love it more and more - as a place to visit - and each time I'm equally glad that I don't still live there. I just miss living so close to the lake. I had a goal to go to the beach every day that weekened. It didn't happen, thanks be to the weather.

Friday I got there too late, like 11pm. But Saturday it was sunny and REALLY hot, but it was my friend Jeff's wedding. The thing about Jeff is, I don't ever remember not knowing him. His family moved into a house a block down the road from the house I grew up in, when I was three. He and my brother met at school and so then our mom's met, and so did his sister Libby and myself. In elementary John (my bro) and Jeff were inseperable, as were Libby and I, and our moms. In junior high they moved to Ohio, and then by high school they were back in Michigan. Libby and I are still friends and still get together almost every time I'm home, but after they moved back to Michigan we weren't best friends anymore. Still friends, just not best. It happens. John and Jeff drifted apart too, and actually the wedding was the first time I had seen Jeff in a couple of years. But seeing him get married was just another realization of how we're all growing up. Memories of him picking Libby's nose came rushing back. Memories are good.

Sunday it rained a bit, but I had my lucky umbrella. Now, I don't really believe in luck but it's fun to say it's my lucky umbrella. I bought it in Japan because it was way awesome and cheap, but I haven't really used it yet! Yes, there have been rainy days but either I don't have the umbrella on me or it's just sprinkling. But whenever I do grab the umbrella because it looks like rain, I don't end up needing it. So it rained on our way up to South Haven, MI but quit by the time we got up there. We were there to see the art fair. Which, by the way, made me realize how badly I really do want to do photography.

And no trip to South Haven is complete without a visit to Sherman's ice cream.

Sunday evening the sun started peeking back out and my mom and I did get a chance to make a few laps at the yacht club swimming pool.

Monday it rained and was kind of chilly all day. Mom and I saw The Lake House, it's good. The rain cleared off in time for Monday-night fireworks off of the pier, but not before lightning hit some girl and her grandma, so the newspapers say.

Tuesday morning was breakfast with mom, Libby, and her mom. Good times had by all. Tuesday afternoon I finally got to hit up the beach - Lincoln Township to be exact. But only for about an hour. It was perfect weather and there were some waves which made it swimmable, but not boring. But the water was c-c-c-cold. But I got an hour of tanning time in.

Tennessee

It's official. I'm moving to Nashville, Tennessee the weekend of Aug 11th. Do I have a place to live? Kinda. Do I have a job? No. Am I going anyway? Yes. Do I have a reason? Because I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment