Wednesday, April 12, 2006

My good friend Matt asked me a question several months ago. At the time I didn't really know the answer. I had a few ideas of what the answer might be, but I think now I really know. What that means for the future, I don't know. Current plans are still in progess and will remain soon - of those I find myself so excited!

But something inside me ignites a little more when I think about that answer! There are people who do it, but then they can't wait until it is over and they have come back to their old place. I never feel that way. Never have.

The answer, btw, is traveling.

I used to tell myself I didn't want to travel for my job because I thought it would lose some of the joy - and maybe it would - I guess that would depend on what the job itself was and how much free time I had while in whatever place. If I went some where AMAZING but had to spend the whole time in a confrence room, then what's the point of traveling, you know?

To experience people and cultures and languages and food and to see how different we all are - and still connect with someone - a smile is a smile and a laugh is a laugh. Whether someone says "tortuga" or "shildkroete" or "turtle" doesn't really make a difference anymore.

What was Matt's question--



What makes you feel alive?

No comments:

Post a Comment