Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I just sent my very first support letter. Although they are common place I don't like it much. It kind of made me feel like I was begging and I didn't like it. Not because of a humbling factor, but because I look at my four bedroom apartment, my college education, my friends, my family, my church, my God. I look at my neighbors, little Esther that I haven't seen since the beginning of summer, Francis and her son Steven. They have so much less than I, at least materialistic speaking (who is to say they don't have more in more important ways?) I guess... I just feel like, who am I to be asking for money? But our midwest American institutionalized church would much rather give someone like me money to do missions overseas than to just give the money directly to the family across the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment