Saturday, August 27, 2005

Currently Reading
The Missing Person
By Alix Ohlin
see related

Okay now that (very unlike my apartment) I have my xanga looking the way I want it... time for a (semi)real update.

First off, I love coffee, hence the new look. Especially in the fall and winter it's easier to appreciate this fine hot beverage. The tagline, "bittersweet" is twofold: 1) It is bittersweet to me that this is my last year at AU. Bitter because I have very much enjoyed my time at AU and college life in general, the friends I have made and am making still, the dependant/independant balance, etc. Sweet because at the same time I am very much looking forward to what lies beyond. Although it's my last year and I have had my major picked out the whole time, I have no idea what I'll be doing, let alone what I WANT to be doing. I've had thoughts of all kinds - Boston church plant, London coffee house, anywhere anything... I really have no idea. I sweetly embrace my journey...

2) This reason is much less personal. Espresso is bitter and steamed milk is sweet.

And yes, as you can tell this summer I developed a liking of country music. This song is called "Something More" and it's by Sugarland - listen to the lyrics or look them up and read them - they kind of describe part of what I already mentioned.

And to Mallory - yes, I have taken a picture of a driv thru, but that's not what the profile pic is if that's what you thought. Profile pic - 14th & Madison. The driv thru is Nichol and John.

To anyone - if you don't know where Nichol and John are then you need to discover more than Scatterfield. There is a west side to Anderson, embrace it's culture.

So I decided I should add a list of the books I read this summer, including above said "currently reading". The list is not as long as I would like, however if it were as long as I would like then that would have taken away many hours I spent gaining incredible relationships with some very special and important people in my life. Here's my list:

- "Cities: Mission's New Frontier" Roger S Greenway, Timothy M Mosma
- *"Theirs Is The Kingdom: Celebrating The Gospel In Urban America" Robert D Lupton
- *"The Radical Reformission: Reaching Out Without Selling Out" Mark Driscoll
- *"No Compromise: The Life Story of Keith Green" Melody Green
- *"An Unstoppable Force: Daring To Become The Church God Had In Mind" Erwin McManus
- *"Searching For God Knows What" Don Miller
- *"The Magicians Nephew" (Chronicles of Narnia) C.S. Lewis
- *"The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe" (Chronicles of Narnia) C.S. Lewis
- *"The Horse And His Boy" (Chronicles of Narnia) C.S. Lewis
- "Hat Trick" (A Novel) Lisa Kusel
- "He Drown She In The Sea" (A Novel) Shani Mootoo
- *"Red Leaves" (A Novel) Thomas H Cook

That's the list... while I was pleased with each book, the ones with astricks I found better than the others and would recomend to others. During the next month or so I would like to finish the novel I'm currently on, as well as finish the Chronicles of Narnia, then I have a whole other list to work on, but with school and stuff I probably won't get to those.

No comments:

Post a Comment