Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Even though you don't read my xanga, Happy Birthday to my best friend of 3 years... I think 3.. yeah. Three. That's the longest I've held onto a best friend since elementary school, so thank you for being with me even when we've been so far apart geographically. I love that we can go a whole month or so without talking and pick back up right where we left off.

HAPPY TWENTY-FIRST KRISTA!!! (and Brittany, her twin!)

On a different note... Matt, Mel, Tif, and Jenna have all noticed something. They are right. I didn't know why. I think I know now.

Okay so this is the 3rd time in less than 5 minutes that I've edited this post. Another note... my dad loves me. It's hard for me to see it in the way he treated our family, but I know that what he did wasn't against me. He didn't walk out on me other than by default. He walked out on my mom. He didn't divorce me, he divorced her. While he doesn't extended communication, I can still see that he loves me. He just has a different way of showing it. If he didn't love me he wouldn't have gone to annual dance recitals for 8 years, piano recitals for 8 years, sat in the cold rain at countless band competitions. He wouldn't send me grocery money when I ask for it, wouldn't pay my car insurance or tuition, wouldn't have given me the beautiful sapphire and diamond cross necklace a year ago yesterday that, upon looking at it's beauty inspired this 3rd edit.

People show love in different ways. "If you love wrong it doesn't mean love's gone." - Love Song, Hanson

Fourth edit - Tonight Ryan took me out to the Lemon Drop for my birthday. Thank you sooo much... I'd have to say that was the best birthday present I got this year. Not because my presents were crap (they weren't) and not because the Lemon Drop is so amazing (it is) but because you've been a great friend and I have missed hanging out with you. I miss what we had freshman year. Tonight was great. Let's not forget about Greasy-spoon Tuesdays! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment