Wednesday, July 28, 2010

freecation

i recently experienced what i like to call a freecation. a vacation. full of free.

here's the deal. i left work wednesday afternoon, spent the night with a friend in indianapolis, then thursday i drove the rest of the way up to michigan and stayed at my mom's house until sunday morning, when i then drove the rest of the way back to nashville. the only cost to me for this trip was gas. everything else was built-in. free places to stay, free meals (except for the two meals i ate while on the road, but those were normal groceries i bought before my trip and packed with me - no extra expenses).

but that's not entirely what i mean when i say this was a freecation. what i also mean is that it was very free-ing.

i absolutely love nashville, and if you've read any of my previous blog entries, you probably already know that. but nashville is a city and sometimes you need some air to breath. so when i say this trip was freeing picture the following:

driving through the rock formations of kentucky.



driving through the corn and soybean fields of indiana with fog in the far distance.



driving through the vineyards of southwest michigan.



watching the sunset over lake michigan.



freedom. space. fresh air.



(i lost my camera on my trip to new york, so all i have are iphone photos. at least until i get my film developed. yeah, film.)

2 comments: