Saturday, June 16, 2007

A New Feature

I think I'm going to add a new feature. Every (or at least most) of my posts from now on will include a "Food For Thought" which will most likely be a quote I read or heard or what not.

Today's Food For Thought is something I read in a back issue of Relevant Magazine (I believe it was the November/December 2006 issue).

BTW - I'm still unemployed, but I have prospects. I'm waiting until business hours on Monday to hear back from them o call them.


Anyway...

Food For Thought #1:

"There's a vast gulf between the message of Jesus and the political agenda of the conservative movement in America. Young evangelicals need to look at the message of Jesus and count the number of New Testament references to homosexuality and abortion and compare those passages to Jesus' teachings about caring for the poor. I believe that if we dealt with poverty in this country, we might actually dramatically reduce the abortion rate." - Congressman Jim Slatery

No comments:

Post a Comment