Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Winter, Liscence Plates, American Idol, and Much, Much More!

Okay. I love sitting here in Stacy's living room (which is FREEZING by the way, because they don't have heat, just space heaters) reading everyone's xanga entry's about blizzards and snowdays, meanwhile yesterday was 60 and raining and today when it flurried people here freaked out, probably more so than people up there are freaking out about being snowed in for real.

It's official. I did not get my driver's liscence yet. I tried yesterday but their computers were down, so I will try again tomorrow. As of today, however, my car is no longer a Michigander. It's a Tennessean. The Michigan plate is lying on the backseat until I think of a good place (and a good way) to somehow display it in my apartment. Hmm... here's an idea: maybe I can make some sort of "found objects" art piece. I don't know what I'd use besides the plate or where I would display it.

We're watching American Idol. Next is Lost and I'm super excited. For all of you Lost watchers out there, you know how I'm feeling. For those not in the know - basically I'm in agony and I love it.

Today is just one of those days where I feel like typing and typing and telling you more and more things, even though I don't really have anything specific to say. But that's okay. Sometimes we can have no words and other times we can just go on and on about the little details of life. Today is one of those days.

Work is getting better. I still don't really want to be there, but it's a little better. One of the girls from the office that I had a problem with is quitting. Some of the kids who rattled my nerves (by shreiking all day long just for attention) aren't in my classroom anymore. And most importantly, we trained the babies we do have to take their naps at the same time, so there's a good two hours when everyone is sleeping and that down time is very nice on my stress level. A moment to breath.

Bound4Freedom - they have a new site up (bound4freedom.org I believe) and I love it. I wish there were a way I could be involved with that still. Maybe someday after they get themselves more grounded I could help expand it or something. Of course it still wouldn't be the same without those girls. Those girls with their hearts of gold. I think it's all that coffee and tea that makes them so warm inside

Okay. That's all for now I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment