Saturday, December 2, 2006

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow: A Tender Tennessee Christmas

Well, I thought the weather in the midwest was weird, but I guess I was wrong.

Tuesday through Thursday this week in middle Tennessee were in the mid-seventies, and then Yesterday during my morning commute there were flurries coming my way and I believe the low was in the 20's. Flurries are nothing but it still made me excited because I miss snow so much! There is something fundamentally wrong about driving to the store to buy a Christmas tree well past sundown, and still having your sunroof open.

I bought myself an artificial tree. I thought about getting a real one because they smell so Christmasy and wonderful, but I knew I wouldn't be able to put it up myself and I'm still haunted by the last time my family purchased one - there wasn't a single needle left by Christmas Eve. So I am now the proud owner of a 7.5 foot slim Rocky Mountain Pine which is now decked in 300 blue mini lights, 30 little white snowflakes,18 pale blue transparent snowflakes, 15 royal blue glittery snowflakes, 10 white sparkle snowflakes, 10 clear sparkle snowflakes, and one big silver snowflake tree topper. I love my tree! Perhaps next week sometime I'll post a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment