Saturday, August 26, 2006

One Step At A Time

Moving here has been quite the adventure. Last week when I was home I so eagerly anticipated meeting people, seeing Stacy, finding a job and an apartment. And only a week later it has happened. I'm so grateful for how quickly everything has fallen into place. As I said yesterday, I move into my apartment on September 26th. That gives me one month. One month to prepare to live by myself. And the apartment is a bit far (about 15 miles) away from where Stacy lives and her roommates, who are really the only people I've met so far. Of course I hope to get to know my neighbors when I move in - I think there are a lot of families in the complex. And I know I'll get to know my coworkers when I start my job on Monday - Susan, the director who interviewed me seemed really nice and I'm sure everyone else is too. How mean can you be if you play with kids for a living? (Okay yes some people are still mean but I think when you add in southern hospitality the chances are even lower).

I have a 12-month lease for my own apartment without any roommates, and it's one bedroom so if I had a roommate it'd be tight anyway. I always said I never wanted to live alone. I enjoy having roommates but I think I am looking forward to this. It'll force me to become more independant and I look forward to the apartment being in whatever state I choose for it to be. After the 12 months is over I may choose to keep living by myself or I may choose to find a roommate, besides Stacy Hewitt has no choice but to move down here by then. Really, she doesn't.

I haven't done anything fun or exciting yet since I've been here. I've been so busy job hunting and apartment hunting and then the free time that I have had the girls at the apartment haven't been around, and I don't really know any places to go. They told me about a really good coffee shop down the street called Fido. Surprisingly enough, I have not checked it out yet. Perhaps I will later this afternoon. I have frequented Panera for their internet. I bought some groceries. Nothing exciting. Maybe today I'll drive around a bit and see what I can find, especially now that I am somewhat familiar with the main roads, and I'm not afraid to ask how to get to them.

I think that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment