Saturday, July 10, 2004

Currently Playing
Professional Rapper
By John Reuben
- Life Is Short

Summer. Not my favorite season (that's the one that comes next) but it's still great. Last night my friends and I went down to the beach around 11:30pm and played on the swings. Then later we went and sat at the water's edge watching lightning hit the water (far away, we were not in danger). Everything was so black, the water and the sky. And then you could see light come from behind a cloud, and then other times you could see an actual bolt come down and strike the dark water. And then we could hear the low rumble of the thunder, and the sound of the water washing up on the shore, inches from our feet. It's such an amazing thing God does for us. Now, to really picture this (if you're not from around here or have never been to one of the Great Lakes), Lake Michigan, like all the Great Lakes is not just a really big lake. It's a really big lake that you cannot see the end of (similar to the ocean)... except on the ocasional REALLY, REALLY clear day where you can see a little gray dot, which is the Sears Tower in Chicago. But anyway, it's pretty massive. So it's just amazing to sit there surrounded by this body of water that God designed just for our enjoyment. That's really all I have to say today. OH! And I fixed my computer. Yay for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment