Sunday, September 9, 2007

Getting Caught In The Rain

I planned on today being a day of staying home and doing nothing, mostly because the weekend thus far as been busy. Friday after work I went to Jennifer's house in Murfreesboro and went out to her friend's concert, getting back at 2am. Then we woke up at 8am and drove the 3+ hours to Pigeon Forge to go to an outlet mall, where I quickly spent far too much money. We then drove all the way back and then I came home (another 20 minutes or so from Jennifer's). And I knew I'd be gone all day tomorrow (immediately after work I'm going downtown to the Wildhorse for a Hanson concert, because I am that cool). So I wanted the day to myself and to be in my PJ's all day.

But then I realized I wouldn't have time tomorrow to go to the store and I needed to pick up my brother's birthday gift so it could get in the mail on time (He'll be 27 on Wednesday). Since I had to go out anyway I decided the perfect way to spend the rest of my afternoon would be to make a hot fudge brownie sundae, which meant I would need ice cream.

Leaving Kroger I got caught in the rain. It was the most beautiful 60-or so seconds (of me actually being outside in the rain) I have had in a long time. I know I've posted before about how we're in an extreme drought down here, and we have had some rain but it's always been while I was sleeping or at work. This was the first time I felt rain on my skin in I don't know how long.

And given the fact that it's still been in the 90's the rain wasn't a cold rain either, which made it even more beautiful.

I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment