Friday, July 27, 2007

Currently Listening
The Walk
By Hanson
see related

I just purchased the above CD yesterday.

Yes, it's been ten years. Yes, they are still making music. As I was listening to it on the way home from Best Buy last night, I started thinking about the past ten years. In a way, they've gone by pretty quickly, considering that ten years ago I would have probably thought that 24 would be old and long time away. Boy was I wrong.

So, in honor of the 10-year Hanson-versary:

Ten years ago:

I was 14
I couldn't drive
My favorite color was red
I wore a watch on my right arm
I had braces with a big space in the front for my non-existent tooth
I played the flute every day
I played the piano every day
I was about to be a freshman in high school
I hung out with Heather, Teri, Ryan, and Ellie every day
I lived at home with my mom, dad, brother and our dog Ashely
I participated in racing our sailboat every Wednesday night in the summer
I wanted to attend Michigan State University and become a vet
I was really shy
I was really excited that Libby was moving back to St. Joe
I designed a Hanson fan website
Cell phones? Myspace? Facebook? Xanga? No, no, no, and no.

Today:

I am 24
I drive at least 20 miles a day
My favorite color is blue
I don't wear a watch
I have a fake tooth
I haven't played my flute in 6 years
I haven't played the piano in a couple years
I've been out of school for a year
I (sadly) hardly ever talk to Heather, Teri, Ryan, or Ellie
I live alone three states away from my mom. My parents are divorced, my dad remarried, my brother is in Chicago, and Ashely drowned in our pond
I haven't sailed in years
I attended Anderson University and majored in Christian Ministries
I talk to strangers in coffee shops
I moved three states away from Libby, but still see her almost every time I'm home
I work at a company that designs websites (but not for Hanson)
Cell phones? I've had 4. Myspace? Facebook? Xanga? Yes, yes and yes

No comments:

Post a Comment